Thursday, August 18, 2011

1st day of Pre-K

Today was the big day!!! Ayden's 1st day at Pre-k. When he got up today, I told him today was the day he had to go to school today. He wasn't to happy about it, so I went on getting him ready and every time I'd say something about school all he would say is I'm not going. Oh great is all I could think of praying to God that this wasn't going to be like daycare, screaming everyday. So we got ready and picked Shawn up (he got to take an early lunch so he could go with us) from work and headed to school. We got him out of the jeep and put his book bag on and headed in, with the little stop of a quick picture.
Not the best Picture but he was being a turd

We walking in to school and headed into his class room. He didn't want to stay and started to cry which made me cry but, I told him I loved him and we left. With tears running down my face all I wanted to do was run back in and get my baby boy. Good thing Shawn was there with me he told me he would be okay and to leave. Which of course made me cry even more but, I knew this was best for him and I so I left him there hoping he would be okay.

After what seemed like FOREVER three o'clock finally came and I went to pick up Ayden...... He was happy to see me but, he didn't want to leave. So turns out he had lots of fun and is ready to go back.

Things Ayden did in school:
Learned the routine and rules (pray to God he listened)
Talked about rainbows since it their school theme this year. "Rainbow of Promises"(theme)
Bible Story: Creation- Genesis 1
Memory Verse: Genesis 1:10 And God saw that it was good.
Project: colored rainbow picture for his work mat which he will use during the year.
Music time and play and snack time.



                                    Ayden after a busy 1st day at school I'm sure most days will look like this!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment